Tuesday, October 31, 2006

On Your Marks... Get set ...



While my husband is answering the door for Trick or Treaters, I'm making last minute preparations for the NaNoWriMo ordeal. This year, it's about putting a gag in the mouth of my internal editor. He's tormented me for much too long. I've put aside revisions to book #3 and am writing draft material on a new book, so far without even a working title.

So far I have a character and a bit of her background, and I know what she wants. I also know who doesn't want her to get it, and why. Well, a few someones, anyway. That's what I consider as the basis of any book. That ensures the conflict.

Now I have to figure out what happens next and who these characters become.

Ahhh. Here comes the fun part.

1 comment:

Vicki Lemonds said...

Good luck with NaNo, Tess!